Monday, September 14, 2015

Day 16: Bohn Lake to Waupaca River

Sunday, Sept. 13, 2015

Started off the morning taking some photos with Randy Lennartz, an IATA member who likes to publicize the trail in Waushara County. Hope they turn out well!

It was a beautiful day -- not too warm, not too cool -- and Ed was able to hike back towards me on quite a few segments while crewing me. Bohn Lake was gorgeous. So were Emmons and Hartman Creek. Ed and I really enjoyed the latter. The scenery was great, plus the terrain was as well. It was gently undulating; nothing too strenuous. We hit it at the end of the day and saw a lot of deer and turkey. I saw a groundhog waddle across the trail -- I think the first groundhog I've seen in the wild.

Spending the night with friends in Plover.

No comments:

Post a Comment