Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Day 36 / 3: Jack Crum Road to FR 348 Trailhead

Sunday, Nov. 26, 2017

Today I entered the Bradwell Bay Wilderness area in the Apalachicola National Forest. The weather was great, with the highs around 70. 

I came upon a trail journal early on -- I love those! -- and it was fun to see the names and messages from my peeps back from my start in Big Cypress last January. 

The best part of the hike came in the last half of the day. I was able to take my lunch break in one of the campsites, which are really nice here. A retired gentleman has made nice signage for the camps, plus a fire ring, wood protected in plastic bags and a spacious bench.

I ate lunch at the Bent Sapling Camp, but was intrigued by the following Martian Camp (the sign included a UFO picture). Trail angel Linda Patton told me at one point someone etched an elaborate story about a UFO encounter onto the guardrail over the Sopchoppy River. The elements eventually erased the story, but it was remembered by many. So that's why they decided to create a Martian Camp.

The final few miles along the Sopchoppy River were beautiful. Once I get the photos figured out, I'll add them in.

Snowshoe 

No comments:

Post a Comment