Sunday, December 3, 2017

Day 41 / 8: SR 71 to Scott Road Trailhead

Dec. 1, 2017

Today's hike was 99% roads. But it wasn't all bad.

The first few miles were along a curving, hilly, scenic road. It always amazes me how you can be in the countryside near only tiny towns, yet cars and trucks are regularly whizzing by on these back roads. These aren't all retirees. Who are these people, and where are they driving?!

After a mile or so, I tucked into several miles of trail. It was just lovely, and passed a pretty creek. When I emerged -- onto Look 'n Tremble Road (ha!) -- Judy was waiting. She walked with me on the connecting road route for a few miles before turning back.

I had +15 miles on the roads, which wasn't so great. I did find .37 cents. :) The nicest part was finding a big sign on someone's lawn welcoming hikers to stop and rest. The family had set up a small fridge and filled it with all sorts of things a hiker might need: water, oatmeal, grits, raisins, bandages, needles, etc. and welcomed you to take whatever you needed. I didn't need anything, but left a note of thanks.

Met Judy .5 miles short of the trailhead. The path here was sandy, and she was afraid her car would get stuck, so she stopped a bit early. Fine with me!

Snowshoe

No comments:

Post a Comment