Tuesday, October 8, 2013

My IAT adventure by the numbers

I previously talked about how I wasn't counting anything during my trek -- miles down, miles to go, segments completed, counties passed through, etc. It seemed too overwhelming. Now that I'm finished, it seems fun. So here are some figures to consider:
  • Miles walked/run: Approximately 1,100. (It's hard to be exact, when you consider backtracking, new segments, shortcuts from the suggested connecting routes, etc.)
  • Toenails lost: 3 (almost 4) and counting
  • Pounds lost: 11
  • Pants worn: 0
  • Shoes rotated through: 6-8, plus 1 pair of Keen sandals
  • Bottles of bug spray used: 3
  • Honey Stinger Energy Waffles consumed: About 48
  • Honey Stinger Energy Chews consumed: About 24
  • Energy bars consumed: At least 35
  • Bags of cheese curds consumed: 3 (great trail snack, I've discovered)
  • Seroogy's chocolate bars consumed: 35
  • Days it rained on me: 1
  • Days I was cold: A few hours at the end of 1 day
  • Days I was hot: 36
  • Times I cried (briefly) in frustration because I was lost: 1-2
  • Burrs picked off myself: Hundreds
  • Thru- and section hikers I met: 7
  • Bears I saw: 4 (mother and 3 cubs, seen from our car)
  • Miles Ed and Maura put on our car, crewing me: 2,800
  • Days I wore make-up: 0
  • Days I fixed my hair: 0
  • Days I wore my compression socks: 36
  • Days I loved what I was doing: Every. Single. Day!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome feat! You inspired to get back in shape and train for another marathon, and to walk more of the trails. I really enjoyed your blog. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind note! I have to say, this was so interesting. Hop on any trail -- you'll love it.

    ReplyDelete