Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Day 5: Southern Blue Hills, Connecting Route



Today was easy, yet hard. Started with a short connecting road route to Southern Blue Hills. SBH was just lovely, despite some annoying mosquitoes and a few overgrown sections. But nothing like the previous days. We were closely watched by some cows in one area that passed through private land, but luckily they largely ignored us. Two snakes slithered across my path at one point; I was amazed at how fast they went.

The next stretch was a 21-mile connecting road route. It should have been a great place to stretch my legs out and finally get in some prime running miles. But alas, a few days ago, while navigating overgrown McKenzie Creek, I’d wrenched my knee on some hidden object. It seemed like a mild tweak at the time, and I didn’t have any chance to really check it out in a long run. Today, when I tried, my knee said, “You’ve got to be kidding me.”

So unfortunately, I had to walk all day. On a positive note, I found Off-Trail Angel Dr. Lisa Tenold. Dr. Tenold is a chiropractor in Eau Claire, our home stop the next two nights (we’re staying with Ed’s mom). Dr. Tenold offered to stay late at her clinic tonight and tomorrow night to give me some cold laser treatments. (If you don’t know what this is, go to my website – www.melaniemcmanus.com – and the Clips tab; a ways down you’ll see a Runner’s World article I wrote about it.) Fingers crossed two treatments will knock this back, stat. And just in case I need a little more help, if any of you know of chiros in the Merrill/Wausau area who give cold laser treatments, let me know ASAP.

Today’s photo is from the beautiful Southern Blue Hills.

No comments:

Post a Comment